- BA CONCORDE flight wallet+contents leather look Concord British Airways flagship
- British Airways Concorde Silver Letter Opener Air plane port Super Sonic CraftPre-owned
- Ayrton Senna Lewis Hamilton Silver Coin Autographed Formula 1 Motor Car Racing
- Chernobyl Disaster Liquidator Pin Metal Badge Accident Soviet Gold & Red CCCP USCharity itemBrand new
- NASA MARS Rover Landing Coin Space Program Bronze Sci Fi Science Moon Red PlanetBrand new
- ☆RARE BOOK:ARMS AND ARMOR:NOTABLE ACQUISTIONS%METROPOLITAN MUSEUM ART 1991-2002☆
- ☆RARE ARMS AND ARMOR BOOK+GUNS:THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM ART BULLETIN SUMMER 1991☆
- BATMAN & SGT. ROCK 1976 DC COMICS Book Issue BRAVE & BOLD #124 ART by JIM APARO
The best gig in sports media is the radio host, for various reasons. One of the main reasons is this: the radio host can become a journalist from time to time, without the responsibility that comes with it.
If the radio host announcing the news is correct, the radio host can take a victory lap. If the radio host announcing the news is wrong, the radio host may say that the radio host was only transmitting what the radio host heard from an otherwise reliable source.
It’s currently relevant because a radio host announced this week that if the Jets lose to the Broncos, New York coach Adam Gase will be fired. (Not could be or can be or would be or should be but will be.) The Jets lost to the Broncos, and Gase was not fired.
But, hey, the radio host was just relaying what the radio host had heard from an otherwise reliable source.
The bigger question is whether a mid-season coaching change will eventually happen for the Jets. Look at the calendar. The Jets will be the underdogs in every game they play until their Week 11 recess (Arizona, Chargers, Bills, Chiefs, Patriots, Dolphins). If they lose the next six games and come in at 0-10 bye, what happens?
“I know we’re working to make this thing work properly,” Gase told reporters after the game when asked to explain what he would say to fans who want him fired now. “I mean, I’m not happy with this. I mean, I know we can play a lot better than that. I know we can’t fight and do the things we do.
Gase inherited a horrific list, one that GM Mike Maccagnan was randomly building from the outside to the inside, not from the inside out. General manager Joe Douglas tried to change that during his relatively short time at work. It will take longer to get there.
That said, rebuilding doesn’t provide a blank check for not being competitive. The Panthers are rebuilding themselves and they have played well every week. In the NFL, a rebuild is more like a remodel; you need to be able to live in the house while the upgrades are happening.
Currently, the Jets’ house is uninhabitable. At some point, it will not be sustainable. Whether it’s the week off or the end of the season, something better than what the Jets did has to happen over the next 12 games or the Jets could switch contractors for a renovation project that could result in owner Woody. Johnson returning from the UK and dipping a detonator all over the structure.