- Dog Nail Clippers Pet Cat Rabbit Sheep Animal Claw Trimmer Grooming Large Small✅30 DAYS RETURN✅PET CLAW CARE✅NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Pet Nail Clippers Cat Dog Rabbit Sheep Animal Claw Trimmer Grooming Large SmallBrand new
- GREY PERSONALISED DOG CAT BED WITH GREY CORD + 5 CUSHIONS 1 IS EMBROIDEREDBrand new
- Pet Dog Nail Clippers Cat Rabbit Bird Guinea Pig Easy Use Claw Trimmers ScissorsBrand new
- LARGE Pet Carrier Bag AVC Portable Soft Fabric Folding Dog Cat Puppy Travel✅30 DAYS RETURN ✅LARGE SIZE 55x25x34✅ NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- PERSONALISED GREY CORNER DOG CAT BED WITH SILVER VELVET & WHITE FLUFFY CUSHIONSBrand new
- NEW DOG POO BAG DOGGY BAGS - Pet Cat Poop Pooper Scooper DEGRADABLE Waste Bag UK✅30 DAYS RETURN ✅480 BAGS WITH BOX✅NEXT DAY DELIVERY✅
- Professional Double Sided Pet Grooming Brush Dog Cat Puppy Hair Shedding Tool✅30 DAYS RETURN✅DOUBLE SIDED BRUSH✅NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- DOG CAT RAISED FEEDING STATION CAN BE PERSONALISED COMES WITH 3 REMOVABLE BOWLSBrand new
- BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2003-2009) COMPLETE New Reimagined Series RgFree BLU-RAYBrand new
- BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2003-2009) COMPLETE New Reimagined Series Rg2/4 DVD not USBrand new
- Elvis The King In Hollywood (DVD) & Elvis! A Documentary (DVD)Brand new
- BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (2003-2009) COMPLETE + 'The PLAN' New Series - Au Rg4 DVDBrand new
- Puppy Dog Silicone Placemat Pet Cat Dish Bowl Feeding Food Water Mat UK SELLERBrand new
- Pet Dog Cat Nail paw Claw Clippers scissors Trimmer, Pet Grooming Nail File KitBrand new
- HEAVY DUTY LARGE PUPPY PET TRAINING WEE PEE TOILET PADS PAD FLOOR MATS CAT DOGBrand new
- BLACK & GOLD CRUSHED VELVET PET BED Can Be Personalised Dog Cat Beds Size SmallBrand new
- black PET BED IN BLACK AND GOLD FOR CATS OR DOGS WITH 6 CUSHIONS PERSONALISEDBrand new
The Channels Opinion Page | CROSS CURRENTS
The cat vs. dog debate is as old as time. Some people love the easy, furry companionship that is unlocked once a cat becomes comfortable with its owner. Other people value the unconditional love and excitement from man’s best friend. Cats scratch and cough up fur while dogs slobber and chew couches. Both have their trade-offs, and they’re not for everyone. So what is your favorite? Cat or dog?
Ryan P. Cruz, Editor in Chief
Dogs have long been known as man’s best friend—ever since we first began domesticating grey wolves tens of thousands of years ago. It’s the closest relationship between human and animal that you can have. There’s a level of intimacy and loyalty with a dog that just isn’t the same with other pets.
The difference with dogs is their love doesn’t feel like something you have to earn. They are just as eager to show affection to their human buddies as we are to shower them with head scratches and belly rubs.
They just want to make us happy.
Canine and man have worked side by side for hundreds of years, and this relationship can still be seen today. Service dogs save lives all the time and can be trained to assist us in many practical ways, ranging from search and rescue to emotional therapy.
Dogs work miracles for those suffering from depression and anxiety, who find that having a pet can help them feel better about themselves.
I have had both cats and dogs. A dog’s excitement to see you every time you walk through the door never fails. I always felt this was lacking with my cats, where it didn’t feel like they were returning the love I was giving them.
I can understand those that prefer that type of low maintenance pet, as it can be a lot of work to take care of a pup, but that hard work is a great life lesson. Learning to care for another life can help prepare for adulthood.
There is no substitute for the friendship of a dog, and while cats make for great pets, they cannot compare to the companionship of a canine.
Desiree Erdmann, Photo Editor
The feeling of a small, purring cat jumping up on your bed to cuddle and fall asleep with you is one of the most comforting things I can name in this world.
There is just something so special about one’s bond with a cat.
Even though they are selective, once a cat attaches itself to someone, they get a rare chance to really get to see and interact with their true personality.
Cats are also very clean, constantly grooming themselves.
They hate when their space is dirty. They could never have their food and water bowls next to their litter boxes, unlike dogs who generally don’t care.
The little barbs on their tongues regulate body heat, remove loose hairs, dust and other foreign objects when they lick their fur.
Cats are also predators who groom themselves to get rid of any foreign smells.
They are great for busy people since they don’t require large amounts of attention or space, unlike dogs who need constant attention. A cat just wants to be near its owner in the home.
Dogs need lots of affection and exercise while cats don’t need so much room to roam. You could keep them totally indoors if you need to.
Indoor cats have less chance of getting ticks, flees or other illnesses from eating random things outside, so they might not need to go to the vet as often either. Nobody likes expensive vet trips.
Not just anyone can own and bond with a cat, making it a unique experience that I find superior to owning a dog. Overall they are a low-maintenance pet with a very high reward.
It’s a friendship that will last a lifetime.