NEW YORK, September 8, 2020 / PRNewswire / – The American Kennel Club® (AKC®) invites you to celebrate the human-canine bond by participating in the 1st never Virtual AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day September 17e, sponsored by AKC Pet Insurance. Owning a dog offers endless fun and rewards, but it’s important to be aware of the responsibilities that come with it.
Each September, the AKC welcomes AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day to educate first-time dog owners on the responsibilities of dog ownership and to help current owners improve their relationships with their pets. The virtual event will take place on Facebook and will be celebrated on AKC.org, AKCtv and AKC social networks, with experts, staff and dog owners. Connect to AKC or AKC.tv Facebook page from 11:00 to join the party!
“AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day highlights the dedication and commitment required to own a happy and healthy dog,” said AKC spokesperson Penny Leigh. “The virtual event will be filled with many fun and educational activities to help attendees make informed decisions when buying a dog or caring for one they already own.”
Virtual AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day 2020 activities include:
- Opening ceremony: An opening ceremony, showcasing what the virtual event will offer, will be broadcast simultaneously on AKC.tv and Facebook Live as part of the Facebook event.
- Ask the expert: A new episode on AKC.tv and Facebook with Master Trainer Kathy Santo, answering viewers’ questions and sharing training tips.
- Digital interactive quizzes: Participants can test their RDO knowledge with these interactive digital quizzes.
- #ResponsibleDogOwner TikTok Challenge: Follow AKC Dog Star, Poppy the Basset in an RDO TikTok Challenge. Follow Poppy the Basset on TikTok.
- Register your dog with AKC Reunite: Find out how to register for AKC Reunite’s microchip service and register your dog online.
- Canine Good Citizen (CGC): Learn about CGC basic skills training and how to prepare your dog for the CGC certificate at home.
- AKC Responsible Dog Owner Promise: Complete an RDO Checklist and pledge to be a responsible dog owner by signing the RDO Pet Pledge!
- Questions and Answers on Facebook Live: AKC experts will answer questions from attendees about training, dog health, AKC Pet Insurance, therapy dogs, and AKC sports and events!
Show off how you are a responsible dog owner and recite the AKC Responsible Dog Owner Pet Promise through the Cinebody mobile app before RDO Day. Click here to participate!
AKC Pet Insurance returns this year as the main sponsor of the AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Days. AKC Pet Insurance is committed to responsible dog ownership and proudly works with the American Kennel Club to promote the health and well-being of dogs. They will highlight the importance of pet insurance and the many ways it helps keep our canine companions happy and healthy.
AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day is also sponsored in part by Motel 6, the premier national pet-friendly chain, which has been welcoming pets since 1962.
AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Day 2020 preview
Thursday September 17the, 2020
From 11:00 a.m. EST
Virtual event via AKC or AKC.tv Facebook page
Find the virtual event on Facebook here.
Follow us on social media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | TIC Tac
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a non-profit organization, which maintains the world’s largest purebred dog registry and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in United States. The AKC is dedicated to maintaining the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs, and breeding for type and function. With over 5,000 licensed and member clubs and affiliated organizations, AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances dog health and welfare, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and encourages responsible dog ownership. Over 22,000 AKC-registered purebred and mixed-breed dog competitions are held annually in accordance with AKC rules and regulations, including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, l breeding, lure racing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field tests and dirt dogs. AKC affiliates include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite, and AKC Museum of the Dog. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all associated marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks of The American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
SOURCE American Kennel Club