- Constantine I The Great Ancient Roman Coin Romulus & Remus "Mother" wolf i40032
- Constantine I The Great 312AD Ancient Roman Coin Jupiter Zeus w globe i32172
- ASIAN BRITISH CDV 19TH CENTURY ABERDEEN SCOTLAND RARE ORIGINAL EAST ASIAN
- Constantine I The Great Ancient Roman Coin Romulus & Remus "Mother" wolf i40079
- Marilyn Monroe Silver 3D Coin Hologram Seven Year Itch Iconic Scene Nude Lady US
- Claudius 41AD Large RARE Ancient Roman Coin Ceres Torch=hope emblem i39280
- 1934 ORIGINAL MANCHUKUO CHINESE PHOTO PU YI HSINKING CHILDREN CHINA VINTAGE
- 1935 ORIGINAL MANCHUKUO CHINESE PHOTO BUILDING HOMES HSINKING CHINA VINTAGE
- JFK Gold Coin Star & Stripes Americana President John F Kennedy Signed Dallas USBrand new
- J.R.R. TOLKIEN The Lord of the Rings original photo from 1967 very rare Hobbit
- PORKY LEE & FREDDIE BARTHOLOMEW OUR GANG Little Rascals child actor VERY YOUNG!
- 2003 PEGGY KARR BOO GLASS PLATE halloween decoration signed 10" square dish RAREPre-owned
- VAMPIRE MICKEY & MINNIE GARDEN STATUES Disney Halloween decoration 10" LED 2020Brand new
- ASIAN BRITISH CDV 19TH CENTURY BRIGHTON ENGLAND RARE BOLIBO BRITONS EAST ASIAN
- MARCUS AURELIUS & COMMODUS Very Rare Authentic Ancient 170AD Roman Coin i48639
- MARCUS AURELIUS 161AD Caesarea Cappadocia Zeus Ammon Ancient Roman Coin i48644
- Ancient Egypt Secret Wisdom God Mormon Rosicrucian Gnostic Freemason Roots Thoth
- HAUNTED COMPUTER HALLOWEEN DECORATION vintage style apple retro pc commodore fun
A survey showed just how important a phone is to a person when they given an ultimatum & were forced to pick between their phone & something else.
We live in the age of technology and our phones and gadgets are very important to us, but just how important are they? Everyone always has their phone in their hand, or close by and they seem to use it as a security blanket and there is sheer panic when there is a thought that the phone may be missing. This can be concerning for moms out there as they are already concerned about their children growing up in a world that is run by machines and gadgets. We don’t want our children to fall ‘victim’ to the same type of attachment, but it appears to be unavoidable.
According to WLTZ News, a survey was done that showed just how important a phone is to a person when they were given an ultimatum and were forced to pick between their phone and something else important to them.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
The survey was done by an online SMS marketing platform called Simple Texting and it polled more than 1,000 people in the United States that used a smartphone. The survey showed that 40% of pet owners would give up their dog for a month rather then give up their phone. That’s right, they would send their dog, “man’s best friend,” for an entire month if it meant that they would not lose their cell phone.
The whole reason this survey was conducted was to see just what people would be willing to give up if it meant that they could keep their phone. However, this number may not be the most worrisome part of the survey, because dogs actually came out better when people were asked to choose between their phone and their partner.
44% of people said that would go without seeing their partners for a month if it meant that they could keep their cell phone. It would be interesting to know if quarantine played an impact on this, and whether people are just really looking for a way to spend some time alone without their spouse.
40% of people would give up their dog for a month to keep their cellphone connection???
Damn. Nope. Make me choose, it’ll be my phone that goes.
— NickManchester- Antifascist (@Native_Orchid) September 22, 2020
The survey did not ask about children, and we are glad they didn’t because the number may have been a lot higher. However, are these statistics something that we need to be worried about? Moms are raising their children in a world of technology and it is almost impossible to keep them away from phones and tablets completely, and the connection they are making with technology could be even greater than ours.
READ NEXT: Study Finds Parents’ Smartphone Usage Doesn’t Have Negative Impact
Source: WLTZ News
‘Hocus Pocus’ Event By Bette Midler Is For A Good Cause
About The Author