- The Rough Guide to the Best Android Apps: The 400 Best for Smartphones and TableNew (other)
- "AS NEW" Buckley, Peter, The Rough Guide to the Best iPhone and iPad Apps: The 5New (other)
- Woman's Best Friend: Choosing and Training the Dog That's Right for You, HaggertPre-owned
- Best Android Apps - The Rough Guide : The 300 Best for Smartphones and TabletsPre-owned
- The Rough Guide to the Best Android Apps: The 400 Best for Smartphones and Tab,Pre-owned
- You, Me and the Dog Quote Slim TPU Case for iPhone Pets Trend Marble Cute DogsBrand new
- Dogs and Their People : Choosing and Training the Best Dog for You Steve DillerPre-owned
- Lady And The Tramp Dog Flip Phone Case Cover for iPhone Samsung And HuaweiBrand new
- LADY AND THE TRAMP DISNEY DOG LOVE WHITE PHONE CASE COVER for iPHONE 4 5 6 7 8 X1st Class Delivery - Fast and Free Shipping
- Lady And The Tramp Disney Dog FLIP PHONE CASE COVER for IPHONE SAMSUNGBrand new
- Waterproof Smart Watch Heart Rate Tracker Fitness Wristband F/ iPhone Android VCBrand new
- Petzila Petzi Smart Wi-Fi Audio Camera Night Vision Pet Dog Cat Treat DispenserBrand new
- THE MACNEIL STUDIO CHRISTMAS PETS LEATHER BOOK CASE FOR APPLE iPHONE PHONESBrand new
- OFFICIAL THE MACNEIL STUDIO CHRISTMAS PETS SOFT GEL CASE FOR APPLE iPHONE PHONESBrand new
- MONIKA STRIGEL FLOWERS AND QUOTES LEATHER BOOK CASE FOR APPLE iPHONE PHONESBrand new
- Winter Beanies Slouchy Chunky Hat for Men Women Warm Soft Skull Knitting CapsNew (other)
- OFFICIAL MONIKA STRIGEL FLOWERS AND QUOTES SOFT GEL CASE FOR APPLE iPHONE PHONESBrand new
- Winter Beanies Slouchy Chunky Hat for Men Women Warm Soft Skull Knitting Caps.Brand new
Training your dog is a fun and exciting experience, but it’s not always easy. Depending on your dog’s age, breed, and personality, you might find yourself struggling to get your dog to behave. It’s a long learning process for both you and your dog.
If you’re struggling to get your dog to sit, stay, or even stop pulling on the leash, you might want to reevaluate your training methods. Try out these fantastic dog training apps for Android or iPhone, and you’re bound to see much better results.
1. Dogo Dog Training & Clicker
Dogo’s Dog Training & Clicker App is an all-in-one training program that comes with a built-in clicker. Once you open the app, you’ll have to answer a series of questions about your dog. These questions are used to figure out which training program is best for your dog’s needs.
The app offers five dog training programs: New Dog, Basic Obedience, Stay Active, Strengthen Your Friendship, and Little Helper. If you’re just looking for the basics of training, you’ll want to complete the New Dog and Basic Obedience courses. These programs help your dog learn essential commands, tricks, potty training, and how to walk on a leash; the other courses are best for more advanced training.
Aside from courses, the app also has many fun and interactive features. It comes with several games you can try with your dog, as well as an Instagram-like community that you can use to share pictures of your furry friend.
Download: Dog Training & Clicker App by Dogo for Android | iOS (Free, subscription available)
Puppr comes packed with over 70 awesome dog training lessons. These programs can teach your dog just about everything it needs to know, and much more.
After you finish teaching your dog how to sit, lay down, and stay, you can move on to the advanced techniques. Not only does the app help you teach your dog how to put away its toys, but it even provides a jump roping lesson. Puppr is a fantastic app for any dog owner who wants to teach their dog the basics as well as some really cool tricks.
You’ll notice that each lesson comes with short videos featuring professional trainer Sara Carson. This makes it even easier to visualize every step. Although Puppr offers basic lessons for free, you’ll have to purchase additional lesson packs to get the most out of your training sessions.
Download: Puppr for Android | iOS (Free, in-app purchases available)
Pupford provides you with a 30-day training program taught by Zak George, a famous dog trainer. Each training session comes with a helpful video, as well as written step-by-step instructions. Some lessons include crate training, leash walking, teaching your dog to lay down, and more.
During the 30 days of training, you’ll sometimes have to complete the same lessons multiple days in a row—this helps reinforce your dog’s understanding. When you’re finished with the 30 days, you can always try out Pupford’s behavior-specific training sessions. These lessons help curb your dog’s bad habits, like biting and jumping.
You’ll have to subscribe if you want unlimited access to additional training programs. For $10/month, you can unlock every premium course, or you can pay just $20 to access a single premium course. Despite the premium add-ons, you can still use the app for free to cover the basics of training.
Pupford also contains various promotions for certain pet treats, but you can always stick to buying your own treats from your favorite online pet shops for pet supplies.
Download: Pupford for Android | iOS (Free, in-app purchases available)
If you feel that you can’t handle dog training on your own, you might want to look into GoodPup. This app sets you up with a personal dog trainer who you’ll get to talk with via weekly video chats. In case you have any questions during the rest of the week, you can use the app’s built-in text chat to talk with your trainer.
GoodPup tailors training sessions to your dog’s needs. When you first install the app, GoodPup will ask you several questions about your dog’s age, the commands it knows, and what specific behavioral problems it has. Answering these prompts helps GoodPup create a custom course for your dog.
When you’re finished answering questions, you’ll get to look over the custom course generated by GoodPup. Depending on your dog’s training experience, your course might contain lessons on the eight basic commands, potty and crate training, or socialization skills.
While the app download is free, you’ll have to pay a subscription of $30/week for the training sessions.
Download: GoodPup for Android | iOS (Free, subscription required)
5. Pocket Puppy School
Pocket Puppy School comes in handy for anyone who wants a refresher course on dog-owning and training. It’s especially great for those who are planning to adopt a puppy—and if you are, make sure to adopt from one of these ethical sites for puppy adoption.
Upon opening the app, you’re greeted with a carousel of information and courses that you can easily swipe through. You’ll want to start by reading the introduction to dog-owning, which is filled with engaging information helpful for first-time owners. Other lessons include basic commands, potty training, simple tricks, and more. The app developers are always adding new content, so you can expect more lessons in the future.
In order to unlock the next lesson, you’ll have to wait another day. However, you can get around this waiting period by watching a short ad. You might get tired of watching promotions, but at least you don’t have to pay to unlock any extra content!
Download: Pocket Puppy School for Android (Free)
Better Dog Training Means Better Behavior
When you follow the training instructions in any of the above apps, your dog just might surprise you. Before you know it, your pup will know all the essential commands along with some clever tricks.
If you’re leaving your pet home alone for the first time, it’s normal to be nervous. After all, who knows what your mischievous furball might get into? For some peace of mind, you might want to consider installing one of these handy pet cameras to keep an eye on your dog’s behavior.
You can easily earn more money by mastering data analytics and machine learning using Python.
About The Author